Thursday 28 March 2013

Hongkong Part 1: Rugby Seven's

Posted by Unknown at 02:42
Just got back from Hongkong a few days ago, I apologize for the delay in this post. Hongkong really doesn't suit me. First, I got immediate food poisoning (more about that in the next post), then I came down with the most nasty cold bug ever! I don't even remember the last time I got a fever, let alone one with a temperature of almost 39 degrees. Still coughing with colorful phlegm, but I guess that is a little too TMI. Too bad, said it! Hehe.

Anyway this blog will be dedicated to my first experience of the Rugby seven's games. For those who don't know what it is, all you need to know is that it is a major party event, usually frequented by bankers (who sponsor the event), and is referred to commonly as "the three days of halloween". 

Pretty much, just an excuse to get drunk.

The tickets are very coveted, and don't come cheap. For a three day pass, it is usually close to 300 bucks, and a day pass is usually around 100-160. This is one of those events you need to pull every string you have in the banking field in order to secure tickets. Of course you are asking, how did I get tickets? 

Because I have a magic genie called A. She told me to refer to her as A instead of her full name, which is coincidentally her club name she uses when we were in college (hurhur, funny story, that one). 

She managed to pull a gazillion strings to get us tickets, and hence we get to fly to HK for three days of debauchery. 

Or one. 

Okay, I confess. I only went to the Saturday games, but really that is the most happening day. On Friday, people are still rolling in from all parts of the world, and on Sunday, people are still drunk from Sunday, so the people there are not much fun. :D

So here's a personal experience of the games!

When we were waiting to collect our bags, the pillars around us are covered with posters of the rugby seven's. Awesome!

We were going to go to Prive for a night of fun so I decided on my black and white dress. To which, A exclaimed, OMG I have a similar dress I can wear! And it turned out to be a completely non-similar silvery grey dress. ... ... Oh, A. 
 The night scene at Lan Kwai Fong, where all the happening clubs are. Super crowded, super bright.
 The famous goose stall right smack in the middle of the area.

Two things to keep note:
1) Cab drivers will fleece you during this weekend. They will. Don't expect to get a cab ride after clubbing for less than twice the amount. Or you could be like us and wait and wait and wait until some kind soul or some horny uncle decided to take us.

2) Prive is like a Singapore club, filled with mostly Singaporeans. So, if you are looking to party among non-Singaporeans, DO NOT go there.

Anyway, back to the games. We got back to the hotel room around 1am on Friday night, and went to bed around 2am.

On Saturday morning, the alarm ruthlessly woke us up at 7am. We half-heartedly tried to get ready, but it was SUCH a struggle.

Why do we have to wake up so early, you say? Because by 9am, the south stand, which is the ONLY stand with people decked in costumes, and the ONLY stand where you can consume alcohol, will be full and the average wait time to get into the south stand after that is up to 4 hours. So, prepare to wake up early. And start drinking at 9am.

Our friends decided to go as ABBA. It's pretty cool, I have to say. It took the whole of 10 minutes for the guys to start complaining about how itchy their wig is, how girls can stand to wear dresses all the time, but it was worth it.

We decided to recycle our halloween costumes and just go as school girls again. I SWEAR that this year is the last year imma wear this costume. There, you have it in writing. It's not my fault that these costumes are soooooo comfortable (relative to my past costumes). AND you can wear comfy sneakers with it!
 Uncle Sam and the statue of Liberty. Cute.

The pope and his cardinals. It was quite spectacular seeing the whole bunch of them.
 This is my favorite, the heartbreaker angels. A bunch of guys wearing some funny white skirts, with wings glued to their bare back! Dedication!
 Us securing a spot to sit at, the lakers guy giving us the stare down......
 The USPS and construction workers. As you can tell, the only activity people are engaged in was drinking beer, not the activity on the fields. Although the england scotland match was a popular one with loads of vulgarities all round.
 The bunch of lakers guys A and I sat next to. They were super nice and we get our supply of free beers from them, and also the ted guy on the other side. I love being a girl! :)

 My second favorite costumes! Legos! They are cuter with the head piece on, because they are just grumpy white men underneath. Hehe.
 This guy decided to forgo his costume and just spray painted one. Classy.
 There was a pack of belligerent guys dressed up as dominos. Cute.
 Cam whore time!
 And more!
 And spotted rubber ducky in the toilet. I wonder how she pees......
 We got a picture with the pope!
 And Angry birds!
 More Cam whor-ing.
 Angry nuns. Nice.

And our parting shot, all three of us beer happy. :)

Would I do it again? Nope.
Am I glad I did it? Hell yes!

Stay tuned for my next post about food in HK!

xoxo,
Keira




1 comments :

gameboysmile on 1 April 2018 at 21:42 said...

Great job on your blog. I already saved your page so i can visit often. I read your blog on rhinoplasty and it was really very informative. Thanks for sharing!

Affordable Rhinoplasty Philippines

Post a Comment

 

Forever 29. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos