Thursday 14 March 2013

Maybelline The Magnum Volum Express Cateye mascara review

Posted by Unknown at 08:55
If they say that our eyes are the windows to our soul, then in my opinion, a good mascara is the key to opening that window. If I were to take only one makeup item with me to a deserted island, it will be a mascara. I personally think a good mascara is the most important item you need to add a sparkle to your eye (with the eyeliner being a close second because if you only use a eyeliner, the look created is a little flat and fake.) 
Therefore, today I will be doing a review on the recently released Maybelline The Magnum Volum Express Cat Eye Mascara.

I will be comparing Magnum cateye with the already famous Falsies.


Maybelline New York claims that their new Volum' Express Wild Cat Eyes Waterproof mascara features a technological innovative new brush and formula to plump up your lash volume by up to 7 times for a tantalizing feline gaze. Fresh out of the tube, I see that the cat eye brush is in need more curved than the brush of the falsies, and the bristles are also very very slightly thicker and longer. Formula wise, the cat eye mascara is thicker, making it messier and harder to work with.


















I apologize for my small and tiny lashes, but I guess they are the best for testing out mascaras. :P

Results: Magnum Cat Eye,





















And, the Falsies:





















In my opinion, the Cat eye mascara is much more volumizing than the Falsies, but the falsies did a much better job at lengthening my tiny lashes. Also, I am definitely seeing no feline effect that the advertisement claims. However, I really like the wand of the cat eye mascara, the curvature of the wand allows me to reach the corners of my eyes and apply mascara on the lashes that were previously inaccessible. Also, I don't know if it's clear from the pictures, the Cat eye mascara formula holds my curls a lot more than that of the falsies, even without curling my lashes. One other point, the cat eye formula clumps relatively easily, so if you would like to avoid the "cockroach legs" effect that guys are so afraid of, it's best to go more light-handed on the mascara, 2 coats is enough.

Verdict: I would give the mascara 3.5/5 rating. It's a good mascara, a definitely a dupe for my favorite dior show, but if you prefer to longer, cleaner lashes, I would say stick with the Falsies.

TIP: If you want best of both worlds, wear both! First, layer on the Falsies, and get your lashes to the length that you want, then put on ONE single coat of Cat eye, that should plump up your lashes quite a bit. 

Watson's is having a buy 2 get 1 free for Maybelline, so go get the mascaras, and let me know if you like them.

xoxo,

Nicole

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Forever 29. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos