Thursday 21 March 2013

Flavor of the week... Keira

Posted by Unknown at 00:00
We wanted to start a series of blog entries titled "Flavor of the week"! This was inspired by our fashion-savvy friends who I would like to showcase.

The idea is to visit the closet of a different friend each time, and showcase their fashion sense and their 5 favorite looks. We hope that in this way, we could bring more ideas to you guys on how to break out of the mold and dress in different styles. Also, different women (and men) have different body types, and let's face it, we all have our favorite cut of dresses based on what looks flattering on our body type. Hopefully, you can gain some inspiration and well, inject more style and color in your lives!

So I decided to start the ball rolling with me. I had Wenqi and Li'er over with the respective jobs of photographer and coolie, and we had a blast shooting at my place last Saturday.

I find it extremely trying to be the hair-stylist, make-up artist, stylist and model all at the same time! I have to admit, towards the end, I started caring less and less. Hehe.

Li'er, after arranging the props, would be surfing youtube videos on my TV screen to play upbeat music and sad korean pop.

We only shot for three hours, and I was incapacitated the whole evening after......

BUT! I was super happy we did it. It was really quite an experience. I never knew that models had it so tough! Despite W's direction, I felt like a block of wood, and everything I did was stiff and looked super awkward (and I'm not saying in the kind of high-fashion awkward way). We collapsed in laughter many many times because they were laughing at me. Oh well. I think I need to pay more attention to Tyra Banks from now onwards......

I guess it is a learning curve, and I hope to improve on the techniques as we go along, and it would be great if you would stay with us along the way! *beams*

So, my fashion sense and my 5 favorite looks.

I'm 1.65m and 50kg, so kinda on the slightly taller side and I'm happy with my body shape, except I wish my hips were smaller. I have a shorter torso and longer legs, hence, I tend to like sundresses with a high waistline and poofy skirt since it's more flattering.

I really like black dresses, so 90% of my closet are different shades of black. Hehe. I hate pants because it is too hot in Singapore and super uncomfy!

In recent years, I've been trying to branch out into colors. I've made quite a bit of progress but not as much as I like.

Generally, I like loose dresses for comfort. I didn't mind tight dresses in my younger days, but as you grow up, comfort becomes more and more important. Hence, my tight dresses are designated for clubbing. Also, mostly black.

Look #1: Casual date



This is one of my favorite sundresses (from forever 21), and I like it because it's comfy but sassy at the same time. I'm not a big fan of florals but I felt that the black neutralizes the floral print on this one. I usually like to wear this girly dress with black pumps (Scholl) and with my bangs up or bangs down with a loose braid. Red lipstick is a must with this dress because I think it gives off a bit of a retro vibe. Red lipstick with floral dresses almost always work. 

Look #2, Drinks at a bar



I like to wear this cobalt blue number from this Italian brand (Millenia Walk) when I go for dinner and drinks.  I hate wearing tight fitting dresses to dinner, because you have to 1) suck in your tummy 2) not eat too much, of which both I'm not good at. I like dresses like this which is kinda sexy and fun but not toooo tight. I usually pair it with a nice shiny bag (Chanel) and shiny heels if I'm out to impress (Pazillion).

I really like shiny accessories!

L. lugging the couch into my room and trying to use my bathrobe to give a "lush feel". Heehee.

Look #3: Work

Generally for work, it's a no-fuss event, so I like to wear simple black dresses. In order to add a little bit of spunk, I like to pair with big eye-catching necklaces so it gives a little bit of focus to an otherwise boring outfit. Also, I like to wear flats to work because I have to climb up a slope to get to my building. Sigh. But I try to wear nice ballet flats or nice sandals!



Dress: Cotton On
Necklace: Good goods (love their accessories... @ Millenia Walk)
Shoes: Tory Burch

Look #4: Nice dinner



 For a nice dinner, I like to wear a more elegant dress, which is kinda form-fitting but not body-hugging (for reasons stated earlier). For this dress, in order to show the details on the collar, I tied my hair in a bun for a more elegant look, and pair it with simple earrings (nothing dangling) and a chunky ring. I left the neck bare because I think it will compete with the dress design.

Dress: Bysi
Earrings: Chanel
Ring: Good goods
Bag: Chanel

Look #5: Church, brunch



For brunch or church, I like to wear a more conservative dress. I like this dress because it is high waist, and it looks decent and classy. I usually wear my hair in a braid and wear red lipstick to give the outfit a little more oomph and a vintage air. And finish the look with crystal studs.

Dress: Nordstrom
Heels: Pazzilion
Earrings: Nordstrom
Bag: Burberry

Look #6 Clubbing

Okay I did say 5 looks, but better more than less right? :D


Usually for clubbing, I wear the boring little black dress, but somehow, maybe because of the influence of a certain L., I fell in love with this animal print. In order to make sure I don't look like a cheap hooker, I tie my hair up in a high ponytail, did away with any accessories, and pair it with subtle pumps.

Nicole really likes the second picture because it is a candid shot of me, so I am putting it up.

Dress: Forever 21
Pumps: DSW
Earrings: Nordstrom.

And finally to wrap it all up, my dear Wenqi and Li'er gets rewarded with......


Chips and beer. Thanks so much girls, wouldn't have done it without you two. :)

xoxo,
Keira

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Forever 29. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos