Monday 1 April 2013

L’Oréal Les Ombres Color Riche Eyeshadow Palettes Review + Look

Posted by Unknown at 21:31
I am quite excited today because I am doing my first "look of the day" post. Last week after lunch with Y, I walked into Watsons, got seduced by their 3-for-2 loreal deals and picked up a couple of new makeup products. Oh, how I miss those days of walking into sephora and picking random things I liked, too bad sephora is expensive in Singapore, I will make do with Watsons. Anyhow, one of the things I picked up was the new L’Oréal Les Ombres Color Riche Eyeshadow Palettes.




There was  a total of 6 shades on display in the Watsons I went to, and they retail for SGD22.90. I picked up the color "Beige Trend" from the smokey eyes line. For swatches of all the palettes please see here 
 My take: The colors did not swatch very well on my naked skin without primer, but with primer on, the pigments did come out pretty intense. The 2 lighter shades were very similar on my NC 25 skin tone, so it is as if I got 3 eyeshadow colors for the price of 4. Also, instead of a creamy texture that I am so used to with my Urban Decay naked palettes, it is more of a flakey, powdery texture. Plus, I didn't like the fact that the every single shadow in the palette is packed full of glitter, such that there is no good contouring shade, or highlighting shade. Furthermore, over the course of the day, there was quite a bit of glittery fall out over my cheeks, making it somewhat  messy.  However, the packaging is gorgeous, and for the price, it's a good piece to buy if you are just starting out with makeup, and want to get something cheap that will work well as a neutral palette. I also do love the champagne shade in the palette, I can imagine it wearing as a base color for a variety of looks.

How I use it: 


1. Use the base color and apply it all over the eyelid, creating a dome shape as shown. Use the highlight shade and apply that on the brow bone under the eyebrow. Highlight the inner corners of your eyes for a brighter eye look (pic 2).

2. Asian eyes are usually flat, so to create some contour, I used the darkest shade and pat it gently on the other 1/3 of my eyes, slowly moving up into the eye socket (pic 3) about 2/3s of the way in as shown in the last picture. Also line your lash line with the contour color to define your eyes.

3. Blend all the colors together. Blending is the key to wearing any eye color!


The top picture shows how the look after blending. It creates an illusion of deeper set eyes, and therefore adds more definition to your eyes.

I then lined my eyes using a black eye pencil liner. I didn't use a liquid liner in this case because I was going for a softer look. Finally, I finished my eye makeup with some mascara.

Final look, which is good for work or college

Makeup items used


Verdict: I would not repurchase for sure, but I think this palette is ok as a starter piece for makeup beginners, otherwise I would not recommend.

That's all for today folks. Thanks for reading, let me know if there's anything you think I can do to improve my entries. I am still working on taking better pictures, making the makeup show up better on camera and writing better instructions for the makeup steps. Please bear with me while I work on perfecting my entries. :)

xoxo,

Nicole.


1 comments :

Unknown on 5 December 2017 at 04:16 said...

Hi there. I just read that Nose surgery is an ancient art first referenced in The Compendium of Suśruta, a Sanskrit text on medicine and surgery, written in 6th century India. Is it accurate?

Rhinoplasty Philippines

Post a Comment

 

Forever 29. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos