Tuesday 16 April 2013

Jewelry!

Posted by Unknown at 23:44
I wanted to start the day by writing about jewelry. I LOVE accessories, but I am very picky about some and not so much for some. I feel that every girl should have two types of accessories.

Type 1: Interesting and bold pieces that compliment your outfit.
Type 2: Simple but beautiful pieces you wear on a day-to-day basis

I'm going to give some recommendations for both, and talk about some upcoming trends!

TYPE 1

So for Type 1, you want something that is interesting but it doesn't have to be expensive nor well made. Of course it's better well made, but sometimes art exist in cheap pieces of jewelry too!

I just realized that Nordstrom now offers a variety of really cute and quirky pieces for under $50 USD. And they ship internationally too, if I'm not mistaken.

They even have categories like "shop under $50" so you don't have to waste your time if you have a limited budget.

I just recently got $60 in nordstrom cash (I have a credit card with them, and you get gift vouchers from them from time to time), so I was looking for something to buy.

I saw soooo many cute things I wanted! But first, I wanted to highlight some trends that caught my eye:

1) Leather and chain accessories
Remember the rage a couple of years ago about feather earrings. It is SO last year. Move over feather earrings, because here comes the better version...
 Leather and chain earrings! Not only does the material give it a punk rock vibe, it is extremely versatile. Unlike feather earrings which can almost always be paired with just hippy like outfits or sundresses, these earrings can be worn with everything! Pair it with a sundress to get that indie vibe. Pair it with a clubbing dress to show your sassy side. Love it!

2) Moustache accessories
 I'm not sure how this trend started, but I first started noticing it on Top Chef where a lot of the chefs are sporting indie moustaches in the show! It translates nicely into accessories though, just looks super quirky and fun!

3) Ring-bracelets
 I'm not really sure how I feel about this upcoming trend, but I don't hate it. All I can say is that it has the potential to be cool...

 Like this is pretty cool.

4) Multiple bangles
 I guess this has always been popular, but I love the new assortment at Nordstrom. You have to be the kind of cute, playful girl to carry it off though.

5) Sideways cross
One of my favorite new trends. It just looks so effortlessly classy. Now, if only Tiffany's will come up with a nice version...

Anyways, you can peruse the collection Nordstrom has to offer at shop.nordstrom.com

I love some of these items coming up next, wish I can buy them all! I love them because they are the best kind of Type 1 jewelry. They SCREAM for your attention, and for a girl with a lot of simple dresses, they totally re-invent an outfit!

 Gorgeous for nights out, nice dinners. Great with jeans and a loose top for a classy chic look, or play it up with a nice black or white dress to really showcase your neck.
 A variant of the popular collar necklace. This is made entirely out of beads, and just one of those which is just enough to grab your attention but not scream for it.

I love this piece by Cara. Cara has a lot of collections which are inexpensive but super beautiful.

I bought these pair of earrings from Cara! I just love her stuff, although I have to say they are not the most durable items ever, but hey, they aren't expensive!

I also love Swarovski for those big chunky crystal accessories! Like this.

You can visit their online shop at the link below:

http://www.swarovski.com/Web_US/en/online_shop

OR look forward to my next post showcasing the swarovski earrings carried by Good goods in Millenia Walk. I LOVE their accessories.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Goodgoodscomsg/194738657261327

Also, if you are on a tight budget, Foreveerr29 and H&M has some nice accessories from time to time for cheap. Recommended as well, if you are in Orchard.

TYPE 2

I have another list of jewellers for Type 2. And no, Swarovski is not one of them. Simply because I love crystal in their pure chunky form, not in the pretend-to-be-diamonds form. It looks cheap by comparison.

Like this.



 And they are not cheap! So I'd rather spend the money on a piece of Tiffany's necklace which looks much classier.

1) Carrie K

I just found out about this local designer from my friends who sported this beautiful and whimsical wishbone necklace (thanks to Gerry and Tsin Zhen for their good taste). 

It comes in three colors: gold, rose gold, and silver. The silver is top grade, similar to that in Tiffany's silver (more about that later), which means it doesn't tarnish easily, and it's brighter. I love the simplicity of this chain, and the fact that you can wear it everyday and it adds a little sparkle to your outfits!

She has a lot of cool stuff on her blog. Nowadays, everyone is coming up with necklaces with words on it again. And some of her stuff is edgy and I love it!


2) Tiffany & Co

There is a reason why T&Co remains so popular over the years. Ever since I got my first bean necklace from them at age 16, I fell in love with their collections. 
 Like this ring, which is part of their new collection. I am constantly impressed at how they could create simple, yet elegant and eye-catching pieces of jewelry!

Even their namesake necklaces look classier, in my biased opinion.
 If my mum is into jewelry, I would buy this for her in a heartbeat...

I love their silver because they really do not tarnish easily, and they are whiter and brighter than most silver pieces I see. Not to mention that you could always get it repaired at their store, or have them clean it.

Over the years, I have accrued many pieces of their silver, and as I am moving into my soon-to-be old age, I am fixated on their diamonds and titanium collections.

Their diamonds are conflict-free and way more sparkly than one of the same grade. It has something to do with the cut, but I am sold!

 And I never regretted getting this chain. Well, I did regret not buying a bigger size one but oh well.

And I am still saving money and waiting to be rich so I can buy the matching ring. Every time I try it on at the store, my heart weeps a bit. No joke.

Anyway, my point is that every girl should invest in a good piece of jewelry that they cherish and wear everyday, just to add a little bit of sparkle into their lives.

Browse their collections at http://www.tiffany.com/

Every girl deserves that, so guys, buck up and buy something nice for your spouses!

xoxo,
Keira





0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Forever 29. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos