Wednesday 24 July 2013

Why you should trim your guy's eyebrows. Or...guys, trim your eyebrows!

Posted by Unknown at 00:09
Hi guys,

I know, it's been like an eternity since I have last written. I blame it on the two almost back-to-back trips in the last two months mostly, but I have also been kinda lazy since I got back last week. Hehe. Anywho, Nicole is out of town having fun in Seoul, probably wearing her "Sunny in Seoul" lipstick and whatnots, so I'm here to hold the fort while she is gone!

Today I'm not going to talk about my usual food. Okay, maybe just partially, but the focus of this blog entry is to tell you ladies out there: Trim your guy's bush....y eyebrows! Especially worth it for girls with super low-maintenance boyfriends. Girls can enhance their looks with make-up, but for guys, there's really limited options. A new wardrobe is too much money (Guy's clothes are so much more than girls, I guess they charge by yard of cloth, but still!), and guys can't really wear make-up (not unless you are korean or japanese anyway...).

So, try it! It's really not that hard.

I started experimenting on Wenqi's beau Michael by luring them to my lair with home-cooked brunch one weekend, and I really have to say that I am quite impressed by my handiwork. Hehe.

 Unsuspecting couple. Mwahahhahaha.




But first, let's talk about the brunch we cooked up. We did a simple bacon potato hash with onions, and fried up some thick bacon strips. I meant to put the omelette in the middle of the plate, but that didn't materialize...so, sorry about the lack of presentation.
 I made what I call Cate's famous ham and cheese omelette. Cheddar cheese, premium ham and cooking the egg just right. I got the recipe from Deron's mum Cate who makes the BEST omelettes ever. This time when we were back, we had out-of-the-world lobster omelettes. AMAZING.

But, I digress.

 So ta daa! One omelette for each of us, with a house-tossed salad.
 Deron's famous blueberry pancakes. The trick is to melt the blueberries until they are gooey, and have the pancake cooked crispy on the outside but fluffy on the inside.

Now that they are suitably fattened, down to the slaughterhouse!

I have always had a grudge against Mike's eyebrows. I am very particular about eyebrows, and the liveliness and messiness of his eyebrows have always...offended me (Sorry Mike! Hehe.).

And also his hair, but more about that later in the future. There's really so much gel can do without a proper haircut.

But anyway, I bitch about it because I see potential in you! *smiles brightly*

So, first of all, go to Watson's and buy a pair of tweezers. And an eyebrow pencil if you don't already have it.

Second, feel the browbone of his eye socket and outline the brow shap that lines along his browbone. This is VERY important because if you just randomly draw, you are likely to end up with asymmetrical eyebrows or a perpetually surprised expression on your boyfriend because the arch is too high.

 Like this. I really hope this was a joke, for the sake of the poor girl. Man......

Anyway, with the eyebrow pencil (light brown please), outline a shape of the eyebrow like below. This way you can just trim and pluck whatever is outside of it. It's like coloring books when you were young. Easy.

So on the right, I have already drawn and plucked whereas the left is still a forest unplucked.
 Then continue with the other eyebrow as well. Be careful not to overpluck because guys need a minimum width of hair to NOT look feminine.

End product. Tadaa! You realize that you are focusing more on his eyes now, now that you don't have the messy eyebrows to distract you. And he looks more well-groomed, and energetic as well!

In the end, I couldn't stand his hair so I attacked his hair with a lot of gel, ,to try to transform it into a more hip hairdo.

And I don't know about you, but I think he looks dishy after the improved hairdo and eyebrows!

So girls, prune your guy's eyebrows. When in doubt, please drag him to your beautician instead of doing a blotch job!

Sidenote: COLORED CONTACTS!

Anyways, that day was the same day Nicole did the Angelina Jolie makeup on me so I was wearing my new contacts! I love them! They are green ones from Freshlook, and I have always disliked wearing them in broad daylight because they look kinda scary and not subtle at all. But Freshlook Colorblends contacts are super subtle, but obvious enough for you to notice it!

Me with my new contacts with eyeshadow on. They are just subtly green, so I wanted to contrast by using sand colored eyeshadow (Naked2 palette) to highlight the green a little more. Also, my left eye's double eyelid crease is closer to the lid than my right, so I corrected with eyelid tape to balance them out.

 After eyelid tape. I really like eyelid tape because I know a lot of people has eyes that are slightly different from each other. Usually on most days, my left eye needs correction, but on some days, it's the opposite. In the past, I used to overload on eyeliner on the more bulgy eye to compensate but it looked horrid when I close my eyes, so this eyelid tape is a lifesaver for people who strive for perfection!

And I just topped the look off with eyeliner cat-eye style and I'm ready to rock and roll!

Anyway, back to the original topic, a final before/after picture to convince you to prune your guy's brows!

Note: None of the pictures were edited in any way except to add in captions. So Mike just looks fab all by himself! :)

Okay that's all for today, thanks for reading guys. :)

Love,
Keira

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Forever 29. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos