Sunday 14 July 2013

Mamonde Total Solution Moisture bb cream: A Review

Posted by Unknown at 07:58
Yes, yet another product review, but I swear I did not spend another tens of dollars on this bb cream because I am still too in love with my Mizon snail bb cream. Story has it, a couple of weeks ago, my mother's flight to Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific was delayed and she barely made her connecting flight to Xiamen, China. Upon reaching Xiamen Gaoqi airport she realized that her luggage did not follow her home to Xiamen. After a lot of haggling and reasoning with the Cathay ground stuff in Xiamen, she managed to get them to give her RMB400 (around SGD 80 bucks) to buy some daily necessities to tie her over till her luggage arrives. The bb cream was one of the first things she bought. Now, with a mum like that, I am sure all of you guys can understand why I am such a vain pot. :P

I have never heard of Mamonde till my mum passed her bb cream to me. Apparently, it's a relatively high end brand from Amore Pacific (owns things like IOPE, Laniege etc) in Korea and is loved by mature women. The bb cream is a little pricey at around SGD40 for 40ml.  A quick search from around the net tells me that this bb cream claims to whiten the skin with the help of some "secret" flower complex, providing elasticity to the skin while preventing problems (I am assuming wrinkle problems).

I have been using this bb cream interchangeably with the Mizon snail bb cream for almost 3 weeks now, and I did not see a stark improvement on my skin condition, unlike when I first started using the mizon bb cream. So for this review, I will only be talking about the cosmetic properties of this bb cream  and not the skincare bit.









This bb cream comes with a pump which I like for easy control of the quantity of product.


It also has a pinkish undertone, which is unlike the greyish cast of most korean bb cream.


Blending out, I believe this bb cream swatches like a MAC NC15, which is a tad too light for me.  I go around the problem by blending it with a darker foundation (in my case, I use Bobbi Brown's natural finish long lasting foundation in Beige 3), or by applying the bb cream down on to my neck, and then setting the base with a darker powder (I like Maybelline's dream matte powder in Sand).


I like the finish of this bb cream. It gives me a very light and glowy, almost porcelain feel. This bb cream has light but build-able coverage shown below.


I have bad skin is an understatement, but my skin condition is honestly slowly improving with all the snail masks and bb cream I have been using. I do still have a lot of acne scars (slowly fading), and large uneven pores.


Single application of the bb cream smooths out most of my large pores, and acne scars.




A second application, the scars and pores are almost invisible.



However, the bb cream looks natural and not cakey on my face. It also has pretty good lasting power. It stayed on my face for a good 6-7 hours, except for my nose area which is quite oily. Actually, it looked better the longer I wear it because it kind of mixed around with oil from my face and made me look dewy and glowing. However, if you have oily skin, I do not recommend you use this since the mattifying power of this bb cream is non existent. On the bright side, it did not break me out with consistent wear over the past 2 weeks.


The overall look I did using this bb cream.

Conclusion: I do like this bb cream, but I am undecided about purchasing it because it is a tad too light for me and it is on the pricier side. However, if you have dry to normal skin, and is looking for a base that gives natural and dewy look, I recommend you give this bb cream a try.

Buy in ebay for USD 32.55: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Korea-cosmetics-Mamonde-NEW-Total-Solution-Moisture-BB-40ml-SPF-35-PA-/281128138515?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item41748af713

xoxo,


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Forever 29. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos