Sunday 21 July 2013

5 mins smoky bronzed look

Posted by Unknown at 08:27
I have been quite into bronze-y looks lately because in my mind eye, I feel like I am a bronzed goddess whenever I do a look like that. Yes yes... I am in denial....but anyway, bronzed look is great for summer (or Singapore where it's always summer) because you can showcase your sun-kissed skin, and look extra sultry and sexy like...


this model here.... or like...


J.Lo here... or like....


Kim K. here... or like....



Okay you get the idea.

Today, I want to share with you guys my own version of a toned down bronze look, which mainly consists of a slightly bronzey smokey eye, coral blush with a nude lipstick. A makeup look that can be thrown together in 5 minutes. Great for work, great for brunch, great for shopping with the girls.





Once again, I start with my plain (pun intended :P) face, slap on foundation (Bobbi Brown Long lasting foundation in beige sand), filled in my brows with a chocolate brown shadow (Urban Decay Buck). Time: 1min.

Using a matte dark brown shadow (Sleek iDivine Matte palette) , I applied it all over my eye lids until the eye socket area to define my eyes and make them look a little bit more deep set.


And then using a glittery brown (preferably a lighter brown than your matte shade) shadow (Sleek original palette) , pat it all over the contour you have already created above. This will add depth to your look and the glitters and shimmers also make it look a bit more glamorous.


Time applying shadow, 1 min.

Liner wise, I did a cat eye look for my top water line using a black liquid liner (Kiss me waterproof liner) to give the look a sultry feel. As for lower waterline, I lined it with a dark brown pencil (Urban decay 24/7 in Corrupt) 1/3 of the way and then smudge out the liner using the same matte brown color. Finally, I highlighted the inner corners of my eyes using a gold shadow (Urban Decay Half Baked). Time taken 2 minutes.


Finally, to finish off the look, I put on a coral shade blush (NARS Orgasm) and a peachy shade nude lipstick (Maybelline Neo Nude in in Blush Beige), time taken: 1 minute.

Finished look:





It's a very mild bronzed look compared to what the celebrities wore, but I wanted the look to be something simple and quick that I can wear out on the streets in the day.

Tip: To glam up the look, go heavier on the glittery brown eye shadow and draw a thicker cat eye line. Also use a bronzer to sculpt out your cheekbones and add a highlighter to bring out your features more. Then you are all set for a night out!

Ok, that's all folks! Try out this look for work tomorrow and let me know if you like it.

In 2 days time, I will be roaming the streets of Seoul enjoying my long awaited break, when i am back I will be sure to share with you guys the wonderful cosmetic scene of Korea!

Till then, xoxo,


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Forever 29. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos