Sunday 11 August 2013

Etude House dual show volume mascara review + random life updates

Posted by Unknown at 08:22
Hi Guys,

So so so so sorry for being MIA life has been too hectic! I swear I will be updating quite a bit because I have lots and lots of things to share with you guys, so please don't leave and keep reading us at foreveerr29.blogspot.sg.

I came back from Korea a week and a half ago, just to give you guys an idea of what kind of beauty reviews to expect, this is how much stuff I purchased from Korea:



plus all the samples kindly given to me by the sales assistants, rest assure you will be getting Korean beauty products review galore. :)

The first beauty product I want to share with everyone today is a mascara from Etude house called the Dual Show Volume Mascara.




The reason I wrote about it first is because the mascara is SO unimpressive, SO meh, I want to warn all of you first and hope you guy don't waste your money and get it.



The concept of the mascara is pretty cool though, it has 2 brushes, one end with a bigger wand for your upper lashes, and one end with a smaller wand for the lower lashes.

upper lash wand

Lower lash wand

The idea is very awesome because many times the normal mascara wands are too huge for my lower lashes, so I can't reach them very well. In fact I haven't seen mascara like that available in Singapore yet (Maybelline came up with the Falsies Big Eyes mascara in the US which is of the same concept), so I was super excited to try it.

Unfortunately, the wands did nothing for my lashes, it doesn't grip them very well, so there wasn't any obviously volumizing effect. There are also no fibers present in the formula, so there was no lengthening of my lashes observed. The mascara also did not hold my curl very well, it was truly quite a disappointment. The only thing great about this mascara was how waterproof it is, it stayed put through the day without smudging on my oily lids.

Zero volumizing effect

Zero lengthening effect
So I guess, unless you already have nice long lashes, then this mascara will be useless to you. I think I am better off waiting for Maybelline's Big Eye Falsies to come to Singapore.

Anway, before I go, I would like share with you guys things that have been keeping me busy since I came back from Korea

1. My cousin Joanna's gorgeous wedding in Johor bahru with tons of DIY decor







2. L's 30th at Fort Canning Hotel's suite



3. P and his sister's joint birthday celebration (which unfortunately, I only remembered to catch a picture of the suckling pig we got for dinner and that of my nieces and nephews :P)



4. Meeting with friends I haven't seen in a while, furniture shopping for our future suite, house viewing, wedding preps all too long for today's post, but will eventually get down to writing about it once everything is formalized.

Brunch with C and her cheekily and pretty baby. 
I am already sorting through my Korea trip photos, there will be some sort of travelogue coming up soon! Please look forward to it. Thanks for reading!

xoxo,


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Forever 29. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos