Sunday 25 August 2013

Clio Gelpresso Waterproof Pencil Gel Liner Swatch + review

Posted by Unknown at 06:29
I am in love with the Korean brand CLIO professional because they do the best makeup, of all that I have tried so far I love their eyeliners best. Today, I will be doing swatches of  CLIO Gelpresso Waterproof Pencil gel liner plus letting you guys know how they wear.





Gel liners that comes in pencil form are quite awesome because they are easier to apply than liquid liners or gel liners in a pot form, plus they don't dry out. Compared to normal pencil liners, they are just as smooth, but stay put for a longer time, I will show picture evidence in a bit! 


Twist up eyeliner with sharpener attached at the end.


Clio gel liners retail for SGD18.90 at Watson's, and comes in many different colors. It's quite like Chanel's Stylo Yeux eyeliners – it’s a twist up eyeliner that comes with a built-in sharpener attached at the opposite end. 



I kind of went crazy a little bit and got shades 01 to 05, although in my defense, most of the colors are still some what considered neutrals and can potentially be worn on a daily basis.



The pencils are smooth, very pigmented and glide on my skin easily without stretching it. Our eye area is very delicate, many people shunt away from eyeliners because a lot of the pencil liners are so dry and tag at our eye, causing much pain. I assure you there will be no such nonsense from the Clio liners! All of the swatches below are made without a primer base, and with a single stroke. 



I love that all of the colors (aside from Beige shine) have a dark base, so they are subtle enough you can wear them on a daily basis without being too in your face. The beige line is perfect for highlighting the inner corners of your eyes, and stay all day without moving. 

Comparing these liners with cult favorite Urban Decay 24/7 pencil liners in Zero and Corrupt, the Clio pencils are as pigmented, in fact, Golden black is even blacker than Zero. The UD liners are little bit smoother and creamier than the Clio ones, but the different is minuscule. 


I put the Clio liners and the UD liners through a water test, a water + soap (with scrubbing - see how red my hand became, ouch!) test and a vigorous smudge test, most of the Clio liners withstood all 3 tests, but I can't say the same about the UD liners. 







Clio gelpresso liners are truly a gem considering the quality of the liners and the fact that the price point is not too high either. If you happen to see some, try them out, maybe you will like them as much as I do. 

xoxo, 


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Forever 29. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos