Sunday 12 May 2013

Maybelline Colorsensational NEONUDE NEO1 Blush Beige

Posted by Unknown at 00:25
Hi guys,
Sorry I haven't been keeping to my one blog post a week schedule! Like Keira said, I had been down with a pretty bad bronchial infection which coincided with my cousin's visit to Singapore, so I have been sick and running around town (definitely not a great combo), it's hard to get down to blogging. I am still pretty tired so today's entry will be short (and hopefully sweet) to alert you to a great drugstore find in Singapore...


New lipsticks by Maybelline!!! Although I have been quite a fan of Maybelline products recently because of their fantastic mascaras, I still believe that Revlon is the winner when it comes to drugstore lip products (think Revlon Lip butters). However with the launch of Maybelline's 2 new color sensational lipsticks, I think Maybelline is now upping their game. Now available  is the BOLDMATT and NEONUDE lipsticks that promises color without drying your lips. I have yet to try the BOLDMATT lipsticks simply because I have too many bold colored lipsticks, but with how amazing the NEONUDEs are, you will be sure I am going in back to the drugstore next week to pick up some BOLDMATTs.



I only allowed myself to bring home one single NEONUDE lipstick in blush beige. The packaging is the same as their usual colorsensational line with a plastic cover which I am not a fan of because of how filmsy it is. However the product in it is pretty awesome, the lipstick is well pigmented, with a velvety finish. It wears for approximately 4 hours without eating which is pretty decent for a cream finish lipstick. The formula  glides on my lips smoothly and doesn't dry my lips (but not as moisturizing as Relvon's lip butters). I would call it a close dupe to Dior addict lipstick in 422 Tokyo which I love and am almost finishing.

Dior Addict Lipstick in 422 Tokyo

In fact, I think pigmentation wise, Maybelline's NEONUDE maybe even better than Dior Addict Tokyo.

After a single swatch
Multiple swatches of Dior Addict Tokyo and 2 swatches of NeoNude Blush Beige
Blush Beige swatches on the hand as a warm coral color, while 422 Tokyo is more pink. However on the lips, the 2 lipsticks are pretty similar, with 422 Tokyo swatching a little more beige than Blush Beige.


Blush beige is truly one great "my-lips-but-better" (MLBB) lipstick. Look at how it makes my lips look so soft and plump upon application.

Bare Lips and looking pale

With Blush Beige on
For the overlook, Blush Beige puts together my no-makeup-makeup-look, making me look less sickly, and more radiant. I love it!!

So if you are looking for a cheap MLBB lipstick, give Maybelline's NEONUDE line a try. They are retailing at Watsons, Guardian, SaSa, selected departmentail stores, major supermarkets and hypermarkets for SGD$17.90 (Watsons having a sale now for $14.90)

See how I used this lipstick in a bronzey make up look here: http://foreveerr29.blogspot.sg/2013/07/5-mins-smoky-bronzed-look.html

For more swatches from this line, go here.

Have a great rest of weekend!

xoxo,

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Forever 29. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos