Saturday 15 June 2013

Nyx Love in Paris- 06 C'EST LA VIE review

Posted by Unknown at 21:45
Hi everyone,

I took a week off blogging, no special reason, I was just kind of lazy. :P

Anyway, as some of you may know, I am getting married soon, so these days I have been more careful about spending money, and have been trying to cut down on my makeup spending habits. Besides buying less makeup (HA!), I am also exploring cheaper drugstore options. With age, I have come to realize that there are a lot of treasures in the drugstore, just because they are cheaper, doesn't mean they do not measure up to quality of branded cosmetics. For instance, I have come to love Revlon's lip products, in fact I feel that a lot of their formulas are every bit as good, if not better than MAC's lipsticks, and also Japanese liquid eyeliners are the best liners in my opinion.  However, drugstore eyeshadow is still lacking quality in my opinion, I am still searching for my holy grail eyeshadow brand.

Recently, my friend, Johnny, brought back Nyx Love in Paris Palette in 06 C'est La vie from the States for me. I wanted to try out this palette most because from the pictures online it has a very lovely olive green and a plummy brown, colors that I would love to incorporate into my everyday look.  Plus, I think the quality of Nyx's single shadows rival that of MAC's, I wanted to see if I can get the same quality from their palettes.

Offical professional shot from their website
Love in Paris is a 9 pan eyeshadow, retailing for USD 9 on Cherry Culture (they ship internationally). 06 C'est La Vie contains shimmery beiges, browns and deep greens. If the color turns out as gorgeous and as pigmented as they look in the pan, I think great everyday palette or for traveling.





First impressions, the packaging is the standard Nyx black plastic packaging which I am not a fan of because they break so easily,but  for USD 9, you really cannot ask for much. Plus, the bow closure on the compact is so cute, perfect for spring and perfect as a gift for a friend.

Moving on the the quality of the shadows, sadly, I have to say I am disappointed.


This is how the shadows look like in the pan. Still gorgeous. All shadows are shimmery, some of them has large chunky glitters.

However, the colors of the shadows did not transfer well to the skin. They are not pigmented, swatched chalky and gritty.

Below are the swatches I made. I had to swatch at least 3-4 times before I get the color to show up.





As you can see from the swatches, almost all of the shadows are very powdery, and there are a TON of fall out upon application. The glitters are also so chunky that they don't blend well with the shadows. Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I feel that all of the shadows look has a dirty greyish tinge to them. The olive green that I was so excited about swatched more like a dirty dark green on my skin, than the gorgeous olive green it looks like in the pain. 3-4 of the colors look about the same once I put them on my eyelids.


Just to show you guys how powdery the shadows are



All the fallout in the palette after I am done swatching.

All in all, I am just very disappointed in the quality of these shadows. The colors look flat and unimpressive on my eyelids. I have only used this palette once after receiving it. Even for the 9 bucks it's worth, I think it's a total waste of money.

If you are thinking of purchasing this palette, I suggest you pass on and save some money for my favorite urban decay shadows.

Friends, if you know of any drugstore shadows that can wow me, let me know!!!

Have a great weekend everyone, I am going for Avicii's beach party concert at Siloso beach later, be sure I am gonna blog about it!

Xoxo,


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Forever 29. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos